View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-10-2008 , 08:37 AM #11
mammasboys

Default mould

I also have a very old cottage where the walls have not been dry lined. In the winter I find condensation in the corners, around the windows etc.
Firstly what I would do is wash off as much as mould as you can. Then I would make up a mixture in an empty spray bottle of tea tree oil, a whole bottle, top up with a little vodka, about two shots and about the same of water. Spray on the mould and leave it for a few hours with the windows open. You could give it a wipe to dry off. It will kill the spores.
On a day to day basis during the cold season, I normally dry off the condensation with yesterday's t-shirt or vest, which goes in the wash. Then open the windows wide for an hour. Close the door to stop the rest of the house freezing.
The tea tree spray will kill all the air born spores that give those headaches and will kill any other viruses and bugs without poisoning you or your family. It's also great for spraying onto the beds when you change the sheets. Spray lightly, leave to dry for an hour or two. Vacuum and tra la, no bedmites!
Best of luck with the treatment.
mammasboys is offline   Reply With Quote