View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-09-2008 , 09:37 PM #1
unapam

Default Repurposed: Antique Tablecloth

This is a gorgeous vintage tablecloth given to me by another Jumbletowner. Unfortunately it had many areas of wear, some holes and some rust marks. Not suitable for use as a tablecloth sooooo...It had to be repurposed of course.

This is the first item I made from it.
...Before we had fluffy terrycloth towels people used flat fabric towels called huckback, or linen or cotton towels. That is what I made ...a vintage guest towel. These look fabulous if draped over a modern fluffy towel in your guest bathroom. It adds a wonderful touch of shabby chic elegance to any bathroom. I just cut it to the size of a standard towel, hemmed all the edges and used some old lace from my stash to finish it off.

I cut from the parts that were in best conditon. I used the other areas to make vintage teatowels, and trimmed them with blue and yellow trim, for the cottage and I still have loads of fabric left...

UPDATE - So far this tablecloth has been transformed into: four guest towels, three teatowels, two nightdress cases, one needle case one cushion cover and several dusters!
Update: Here are the photos of the last items that this tablecloth yielded. Two travel lingerie cases and lining for a travel tissue pouch.
REDUCE - REUSE -RECYCLE & REPURPOSE!
Attached Images

unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links