Thread: kitchen revamp
View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-07-2012 , 12:26 PM #10
mario40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskingTape
The best paint I can recommend for your job is Colortrend Satinwood or Eggshell finish. It's water based and goes on beautifully. It's also tough as old boots and will stand up to the wear and tear in a kitchen.

Disclaimer! I'm not connected in any way to Colortrend, but I haven't used any other paint in my house for 20 years. I think its fantastic stuff.

Whether or not you decide to use the Colortrend, the one thing you might find when painting over treated wood is that it takes quite a while for the paint to 'cure'. The paint may remain 'tacky' for up to a week so give it plenty of time before you put the doors back on.
A common mistake with using Colortrend water based paints is to thin then with spirits. This will have the effect of causing them to take longer to cure. I am not suggesting for a moment that this is what MaskingTape has done, I am just raising a point as to what some people have done. Most Colortrend waterbased paints can be sprayed quite easily with a spraygun by the untrained and leave a good smooth finish
Regards
Anthony
mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote