View Single Post
Old Posted: 07-06-2011 , 10:28 PM #17
shonastar

I'm very grateful to everyone who took the time to comment, thank you so much. It really didn't take very long, but the work was spread out over ten days as I could only do it when the little one was having a nap and when it wasn't raining.
I'd guess it took about 10 hours from start to finish, at one stage I was using a piping bag to pipe on the adhesive (much to the amusement of my family) as I found the trowel too bulky when I only had small gaps left to do.
Apart from tiles you need adhesive and grout, any tile shop or diy store will have them, just ask for an adhesive which is also suitable for outdoors. Once the tiles are properly stuck on with adhesive, leave to dry for 24 hours. All that's left is to grout it. I'd also advise getting wide join grout, it's for when you have wider gaps between the tiles ie. larger than a few mm.
As for the design, I picked something fairly simple as I know I'll be looking at it for a long time to come, I did a flowerbed in my mum's over three years ago and it still looks perfect.
Now if the rain would only stop I could get cracking on the second wall lol!!
Kind regards,
Shonastar x
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote