View Single Post
Old Posted: 16-02-2009 , 05:57 PM #40
nanonano

Default Thank you Ecoprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoprincess
Well Is aid I would post what I was doing in the garden to help the newbie gardeners.
A few questions...

I planted 160 onion sets, and around 20 garlic and covered them with a layer of Goat manure. The rest of the beds are ready for planting now except the ones which are still occupied by the produce above.

IS THAT FOR THE WHOLE YEAR?

The beds for the beans and peas have their stakes in, wigwams and rows.
In the greehouse I sowed 60 Broad beans, 70 dwarf beans, 30 pole beans and 10 parsley; in the heat indoors 6 peppers and 6 cucumbers. 8 Tomatoes were sown in January in the heat, but you can buy plants cheap enough anywhere in a few weeks.

AGAIN IS THAT FOR THE WHOLE YEAR OR ARE YOU GOING TO PLANT AGAIN LATER ON? WHEN YOU MEAN 60 BROAD BEANS, IS THAT 60 SEEDS?

I also extened my bed system in the greenhouse and took an apricot out of its pot and planted it in a bed along with thyme, rosemary cuttings to go in the garden later and some cyclemen. In hanging baskets I put ivy cuttings which I had taken last autumn these will be filled with flowers herbs and hanging tomatoes; put up the canes for the tomatoes to climb and e tied too.

I will buy, on my way home tonight, compost for the greenhouse beds which I change every 3 years to keep disease at a minimum, in the bottom of the beds Iput goat manure to keep the whole thing fed and to produce large sweet fruits.

IN STEAD OF GOAT MANURE WHAT ELSE CAN YOU USE TO GET SWEET FRUITS?

Thank you for taking the time to post all this. I really appreciate it. I'm a complete novice so practical advice is great.
nanonano is offline   Reply With Quote