View Single Post
Old Posted: 08-03-2010 , 09:08 PM #1
Merienne

Default "Children" rather than "boys" and "girls" (Why buy for both?)

So many ad's say "boy's" this and "girl's" that, just because it has a certain colour. How about just describing things as "children's"? If you want to be specific- describe the colour.

I don't know if this belongs here, or if anyone can be bothered at all with my comments, and I don't want to offend all the generous and friendly people here- this is an amazing community! But...

Not only is it good to encourage children of both genders to find what they like themselves, but it's also a HUGE economical and environmental issue.

If you have a baby girl first and get an expensive pink buggy and pink clothes- what do you do with them if your next child is a baby boy?

What companies want us to do is obviously to buy another set of everything! So the more different the attire is for boys and girls- the more do they get to sell.

If we don't immediately write off the pink buggy as "girl's"- maybe it would actually do fine for a boy too... This means parents can reuse things more for all their children, thereby saving both money and the environment.

It's only a coincidence I'm writing this on International Women's Day, but I'll use it as an excuse. Allowing both boys and girls the same opportunities is also a part of equality. This includes what toys they get to play with.

Again- no offence meant to anyone, I think people here are great, and I'm hoping to both give and take here for a long long time.

Merienne
Merienne is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links