View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-03-2010 , 09:41 PM #7
TickTock

Default "Children" rather than "boys" and "girls" (Why buy for both?)

Ah! I remember the term, 'go-car'!

Do I take it that the people who don't think we should differentiate between the pink/blue question would actually purposely go out and buy pink clothes for their boys? I'm sure I'd be struck down by lightning!!!! haha (sorry, I don't do the lol thing, makes me think of lolling about....or lollipops!!)

I didn't have too much problem making this decision as my first baby was a boy and he handed his clothes down to his baby sister, at such a young age neither knew the difference between the colours anyway, so what the heck! It is easier for girls to wear blue tops and trousers but I wouldn't have ever bought anything pink for my son nor would I have dressed him in dresses, not even if the dresses were blue!!!!!

Buggies, prams or cots were not genderised in those days - I'd have considered that rather silly.

One day (almost 30 years ago) my mother-in-law said she'd knitted a jumper for my baby boy, thanking her profusely I opened the bag and found a pink jumper! Seeing the perplexed look on my face she just said, quite seriously, 'the only wool I had was pink'! She was a farmer's wife, and knew how to be frugal and use whatever she had. I did put it on my boy, but just once to keep granny happy. Then I put it away and hoped the next one would be a girl......and she was!! Everything eventually went to charity shops.

I is what I is! No apologies I'm afraid!
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote