View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-11-2008 , 01:18 PM #1
bluecurlygirl

Default Green Christmas Window

Hi folks, half my neighbours have their houses lit up like dublin airport for the past two weeks! Drives me nuts. Anyway, I want to get cracking on my own decorations next week but I'm looking for ideas to do up my window. I have lots of glass jars and food tins ready for decorating and turning into lanterns. I have any amount of cotton wool for snow. I need lots of ideas of easy things to do that won't take up too much time. Also, anything that can include a three year old who loves getting hold of the craft glue!! Thanks a million.

[Update 21 Dec - yeah about time] I'm gonna post up some photos of the window finished but the photos didn't come out great but I'll show you the photos of everything that went up in the window.

Lots of cds covered with old christmas cards and the penguin is wrapping paper. The wreath was done the way Unapam said and then bits of sheet & ribbon entwined and roped around skeleton leaves I had in my craft box and the "berries" are quality street wrappers! The angel is also from a card I got last year and she's so gorgeous so I just carefully cut around her outline and suspended her from a thing strip of ribbon. The second one was just wrapping paper twisted round - scrunched up the pale yellow one and left the red one intact. The snowflake was one that didn't go up on the window. Some of the cards (the 3d one with the snowman and what looks like silver snow!) were embossed. The silver snow is actually white with tiny flecks of silver in it. The little Christmas tree came with a chinese takeaway last Christmas eve! There's a jar in the window too I took a close up of it. It was a coffee jar and myself and my 3 year old munchkin took into painting two of them. I put outline stickers on both of them and away we went. Removed her sticker when the paint was dry and that's what you see there. I removed my sticker and big lumps of the paint came with it and broke the outline sticker too! Annoyed me a little that! The only thing bought in my window is the little tri-fold Santa, Reindeer and toy train that I bought for two euros! And a practically empty green bin! Really proud of my window folks. Thanks for all the ideas. I'm gonna start earlier next year and add to all these wondrous things. Sorry I did buy something else - a disco ball for €8! It's great fun on a foggy night with the curtains open! Merry Christmas everyone and thanks again for my beautiful window.

Emer

P.S. The dog in the photo is not part of the display. She's very fond of cameras! Proof enclosed now too!
Attached Images

bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links