View Single Post
Old Posted: 04-10-2009 , 08:20 PM #1
BillieT

Default Plant -- Does anyone know what this is pls?

Hi All

Can anyone tell me the name of this plant - Its from a seed I picked up from the ground in Florida. I had no intention of replanting it so I never looked to see what the mother plant looked like.

I planted it in a small pot a couple months ago - but it only started growing about week ago.

Its very strange looking - it looks like an animal holding leaves between its jaws.

The head is about the size of an adults thumbnail - but its growing fairly quickly.

Hopefully someone will recognise it and tell me how to look after it.

UPDATE

Well this is how it looks now - its about 2 and a half inches tall - the 'seed pod' looks like its gonna fall off leaving the leaves to carry on by themselves.

It now looks a bit like a fern on one side and slightly different on the other side - even though both sides are coming out of the same stem.

There's great excitement in our house though, as we are all following its progress - we leave it on the kitchen window in the sun all day and then near a radiator at night. And I have given it some plant food.

UPDATE AGAIN: I went on holidays a couple of weeks ago, leaving my husband in charge of looking after this plant ....

R.I.P poor plant. There was just a little tip poking out of the soil when I got back.
Attached Images

BillieT is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links