View Single Post
Old Posted: 21-10-2011 , 08:18 AM #5
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by palminnie1
its in a small estate and she bought it from a seller living in belgium who had it rented out.
its a nice bungalow but these things she hadnt anticipated, she got an architect in, maybe he just didnt go on his knees to see the wads of paper nor did he go to the toilet!
ah well, shall pass this info on and maybe she will be a bit relieved that the problems may not be as bad as she is anticipating
thanks for this.

Hi just seen your post, most blockages can be cleared from the outside or inside there should be no need for digging up floors etc. just some drain rods you can get in a hire shop, a plunger and elbow grease.
As for the paper stuffed at the back of the toilet i have seen this before it could just be the toilet was replaced and there now a hole at the back where there was a draft, she would need to remove the paper to see, a can of expanding foam will fix that cost about 10/15 euro in a good hardware store.
If i lived closer or am in the area anytime would go take a look at it for her. Myself and my brother have done quite a few jobs like this recently where a supposed builder has done something and took shortcuts.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote