Thread: heating houses
View Single Post
Old Posted: 07-01-2009 , 12:44 PM #18
Mickey

I am sitting in front of my PC, legs crossed on office chair, one hotwater bottle on each leg, one behind my back, one handwarmer in the sock on the foot that isn't cosy, a fleece blankie over my lap and a really hot cup of tea (still fighting my eldest for my other handwarmer for my other sock - she is stubborn :~[ and strong). The shutters are open to let in the sun which is lovely when it reaches. I've NEVER lived in a colder house but I thank God that we have it. Am definitely going to be cutting off legs (don't care if they're still being walked on) for draught excluders now. And have to try hang curtains on ALL the doors in the house.

Does anyone have any idea where I could find one of those little stove things that you put in the fire place or on the hearth and how much one can expect to pay. The house is around 200 years old and apparently they didn't know about flues in those days because we don't have one and unless you're sitting almost IN it, our fire is really only decorative. My fingers are so cold right now they're sore - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote