View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-06-2008 , 03:30 PM #11
ozieandros

Default Most marvellous thing on JT

I got on JT when we bought a ran down cottage. So costly to fix! I found a gorgeous Navan dresser and dining table with chairs. They take place of pride in my kitchen/Dining and I have yet to have one single visitor who does not remark on how beautiful they are. When I tell them where it came from as in JT. They look quite shocked! One even told me that I shouldn't say that! Say I bought it somewhere. My point is: Why lie? I'm as proud of it coming from JT than I would have been had I bought it in a shop (Not that i could have afforded it). Then a gentleman tried to rid his garden of slabs and sleepers. All put to good use in the garden. Finally, and as I am studying organic horticulture (Remember organic also means re using and recycling) I was in dire need of a wooden shed for my portfolio. I tried to find one for months. Some came along but someone else would get them before I even saw them advertised. My partner told me that, come what may, he would find me a shed. He'd borrow to buy one if he had to. i objected that we couldn't afford to pay back anything we borrowed; Also that buying a new one meant more damage to poor old mother nature as well. I was making a cup of tea last night when two JT friends spotted a garden shed looking for a new home. Both of them left a thread on the giver, asking him to consider me because I had been looking for one for ages. Giver contacted me and as I write this ... Partner is on his way to get the shed!

So to me marvellous things about JT are not solely the fact that we can find things we really need and can't afford (Most of us are struggling with prices going sky high these days) But also the joy of putting a smile on someone's face when we can arrange to meet them half way or on our way from one place to another and give them something they want. It's not just about taking although it's great but the giving! Make someone happy! Boy what a gorgeous feeling! It is not one of these cold sites where someone tells you "It's so much and that's that" Because it's free! But also allows for users to communicate, find out about one another as you PM and become on line pals.

Last but not least ... It's the feeling that in doing what we are doing, we contribute to our environment, in our own little way. Things have gone crazy and this planet of ours is in great danger of suffering worse losses than it's already sustained. Polar bears will be no more in 70 years. Thank goodness I shan't be around by then! I couldn't bear it. My 2 weeks old grand-daughter should have the right to see forests with trees thriving, know of wild animals living in the wild, not only see DVDs of places/Creatures destroyed simply because none of us worried about the affects of excess rubbish, destruction of rain forests and natural habitats for wild animals and global warming. With JT we re use and recycle and that my friends! Is the way to go about it! Not solely for my grand-daughter but for your children and grand-children too!

So marvellous things about JT to me? Quite a few!
ozieandros is offline   Reply With Quote