View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-03-2009 , 12:21 PM #9
paprika

In certain points I do agree with Betty Boo 69 (despite me having 12 ads in the wanted section; mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!).
I think the problem is that if someone has an ad, bumps it up, it is on the front page, and s/he is happy that now lots of people gonna see it and might have a chance actually getting it. Next minute, a few people with multiple ads (or one with 100 ads, it actually happened...) comes along, bumps all of them, and the first person's ad is on the 3rd even 5th page, where hardly anyone looks. As I can see now many people find this annoying.
So maybe would be good to determine a max limit on the number of wanted ads.

Jennie - I think there is sticky in Wanted how to search the wanted section. If someone has somethings/he wants to get rid of asap just types in that word into the search.
But sometimes it's good to go through the Wanted section. I found several ads for what I had things, and I never even imagined people would want them. But I don't go further then 15 pages, especially as my internet connection is very slow.

What colmsmum said makes complete sense, so I've decluttered some of my ads, was asking for different books, now put them in one ad. Will try to squeeze the ads a bit more.

The "begging" term I find a bit insulting personally. I think it's ok to ask for things people don't need anymore. I usually prefer used/old things to new ones. No sob stories, but I can't even afford new ones. And many small items can add up to a considerable cost too, and if on a budget people have to decide to which thing to give priority: something they need for their hobbies or something they need to make lunch for the family.
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote