Thread: Just an idea!!!
View Single Post
Old Posted: 08-08-2007 , 10:36 PM #21
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefor
I just want to say that I advertised an item a number of weeks ago and a number of people replied with interest. I contacted the 1st person by text to say it was theirs - while awaiting his reply I got a really irrate call from another interested person snapping as me as to why I hadn't put reserved beside the item - as another comment said the responses all happen very quickly and in the spirit of fairness I really wanted to give the 1st person time to come back to me. This caller made me not want to get involved with the site again and I'm reluctant to advertise anything else. And don't worry I won't be advertising my phone number again!

Hi cefor,

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience on this occasion. As a Giver, you are perfectly entitled to give your item to whomever you choose, be the first or tenth respondent. You are also entitled to give the potential Taker as much time as you like to get back to you, be it an hour or a month etc. No Member has the right to pressurise another Member in the Giving/Taking process. Such Members should be reported (by way of PM or email) to Admin.

You are also right not to post your telephone number (or any other personal information) on the Public Forum. Contact details should only be sent by PM to the person who intends to take the item.

Some Members do not avail of the PM system and sometimes post their complete address, directions to their home, and times when they will be in/out; Admin deletes this information as a matter of course.

Admin has not issued a blanket ban on telephone numbers on the Public Forum as some Members believe that telephone numbers help to quicken the Giving and Taking process (which is probably true).

Once again, sorry for your troubles, and thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote