View Single Post
Old Posted: 12-08-2009 , 09:47 PM #8
minnie pal

Default thanks

Hi thanks for your veggie ideas here. I am beginning to really 'look' at exactly the shape, where the sun hits and doesnt and some features i would like etc.
Also i feel veggies will give me incentive.

I was once an artist and my twin gave me a fantastic grinning face. it is going in the centre of the concrete raised bed and i have lots of broken crock both plain terracotta and ceramic glazed terracotta colour bits. i want to do an abstract compostion of mosaic around the 'sun' and then continue along with broken mirror of which i have a lot.
I wanted to paint the boundry trellis but feel i cannot, so thinking of putting up willow fencing and making little peep holes squares so that the neighbours and i can still converse, its good that we can, i dont want to block that out. this will hide the trellis i hate and also the concrete low boundry walls.
I also want a type of pegoda feature for my budda with mirrors on the back wall and facing that where the sun hits all the time put beautiful climbers which should reflect back onto buddha. I saw a fantastic sample in a 'patio book' that bowled me over and it was SO simple.
my garden seems to be taking second fiddle at present.

i am browsing the patio and container gardening books i got cheap everywhere.
What I REALLY WOULD LOVE is Old barrels the bigger the better, it advised not to use the made up versions in the gardening centres, i can understand why.
Anyone know of reclaim places for the oddities.
x and thanks everyone,
minnie pal
minnie pal is offline   Reply With Quote