View Single Post
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 11:00 PM #12
jenniferalan

I agree with everyone above... I live in Galway and like Bree, I have often rang around charity shops asking will they accept books to be told that they do not have the space for any more. I think if a section was dedicated to books alone that this would prevent so many books going in the bin and it would encourage members to life-cycle.
I have been lucky to have gotten a lot of books from JT recently, mostly because of the kindness of Noreen who lives locally in Galway (many thanks) but I have also gotten books from quite a few members through the post: thanks to Gillo, Maufant and Mag2 (also thanks to anyone I may have forgotten) It is very expensive to buy books and once they're read, they're read and that's it. What do we do with them if charity shops won't accept them? JT needs to provide a service that isn't already there, after all there is a niche in the market and JT in my opinion is about life-cycling no matter how big or small the item is we're all doing our bit for keeping valuable things out of landfill
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote