View Single Post
Old Posted: 16-09-2012 , 12:01 AM #8
gillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi gillo,

I think that most right-thinking people agree with the general sentiment of this thread re: etiquette, but the fact is that folks wouldn't feel aggrieved if they followed the (admittedly uncompromising) advice of Admin, which has always been "Send nothing by post." Details can be found in the second paragraph of an Admin Support Forum post...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=60864

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Chris, the fact is, people wouldn't feel aggrieved if their kind gestures were acknowledged and followed up by a simple pm which takes 5 mins and costs nothing! I know admin are in no way responsible or accountable to what is basically an arrangement made between myself and whoever I am dealing with, I have never suggested otherwise, I just felt I wanted to give my opinion on a post which I fully agreed with, and in doing so, I would hope the people who know why I feel the way I do will understand if their requests for items I may have on offer go ignored!

I am one person who has been very grateful to people who have sent me things by post, and I like to do the same for others, I just was brought up to have basic manners! Unfortunately, as I have found out not everyone thinks the same!
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote