View Single Post
Old Posted: 21-09-2006 , 06:40 PM #13
lemon meringue pie

Default MAdNEss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience
I think Doogle's point is very valid. One woman recently posted her address details on the public forum for a person and then advised them not to call on a particular day as she'd be out all that day;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle
Very Clever. I'm thinking more along the lines of someone seeing your address, phoning to say, ''I'll be over to pick up whatever'', then walking into your house to clear it out after you've opened the door to them.

Anyone who posts their personal details is NUTS!
I have live posts at the moment with just general details regarding the locality and keep my real (rather normal) name and address for the safety of the PM system.

Nowadays everybody has access to the web, thieves and ... [ADMIN EDIT HERE]

A friend of my mothers, posted her 3 pc suite, along with her details and suitable calling times. She had late evening unannounced visits to her home, when she was on her own, two gentlemen of unscrupulous character, who talked their way into her home and wandered about to see what else she might be able to give away! One kept her talking about the suite whilst the other pretending to go to the loo, wandered through her home. She felt threatened and intimidated. Rather than learning from her experience (of posting her details) and once she rid her home of these vermin she ended up bringing her items to the dump. What a waste!

Yours Sincerely
John Thompson
123 Dunroamin Ave.,
Johnstown
Co. Gilhooly
Ph:1890 777 121
Off to the pub now, should be home to my 42" Plasma about 1am.
Talk to you then.
lemon meringue pie is offline   Reply With Quote