View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-02-2009 , 07:00 PM #45
Ecoprincess

Default practice makes perfect LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferalan
wow 25euro a week, how is that possible?

€25.00 x 52 = 1300
=

HRT = €360.00 Hormone Replacement Therapy = ovarian cancer 18 years ago

ESB = €300.00 use a meter then you know what you are using

Clothes = €260.00 - second hand and exchange with freinds

Yeast = I sell potchin to pay for yeast for my bread and brews

Seeds = I sell some herb plants and produce to pay for more seeds

Phone = paid for by farm income

Goats = concentrates paid for by selling their babies, cheese and milk to friends

Vehicle = have a company van and the firm supplies fuel

ducks and bantam chickens - sell eggs and babies to pay for food.

Bees - sell honey to pay for food and hives etc, also make beauty creams, shampoos and candles from wax to pay towards beekeeping stuff etc use the stuff myself to keep myself beautiful LOL

Fuel have my own turf and planted a wood for fire wood.

Water - use rain water I have mains connected but dont use it

I get a whole pig from my friends and sell half to pay the whole price for my pig.

I give the vet produce from the garden and bottled fruits - I do a nice line of things like black currents in sloe gin, or rhubarb wine, or elderberry champaign its all nice stuff and he gives it to friends for xmas or eats it himself. He has worked for fresh milk, cheeses, and help with his herb garden.

The vet shoots and gives me a hole deer every year which I exchange for a half a sheep which he butchers himself. I take half my deer and give the other half to the pig people who give me as abut quarter of a cow. I do my own fishing, River - fly and bait, off the harbour, beach cast and go out in afriends boat, I also go to the local loch for brownies. I give some to friends if I have a glut and they come around with their gluts and we all glut out together LOL

I had a fight with the local fox hunters coming into my valley and interupting my life and blocked the lane so they could not get passed, we made an agreement, no dogs, I must be notified and any help I need given ie getting in my stock, cat, dog, etc. they must shoot any mink they see, AND any phesants, ducks, rabbits, that they shoot are mine NO shooting the hares.

There is one rule that I have never regretted, if you sit at my table and eat you do a job for it, even if its washing up and putting away, or weeding you do a job. If you stay over you do a job a day and lend a hand with the everyday tasks like lighting fires, milking etc. But you also get to have a bevvy at night too :)

did I miss anything out - anything important that is

Cat food = €150.00
I love him to bits the dog gets scraps, and I love her to bits too

I suppose I'm jsut waistfull and indulgent with the rest of the money

Leave your purse at home, that includes the credit card, dont impulse buy.
Ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote