View Single Post
Old Posted: 30-04-2012 , 01:32 PM #8
Jayne402010

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondubics
That is fantastic, and I love the way you spread the pictures through the story! Well done.
If you haven't planted the planter yet, it might be an idea to line it with plastic (with holes in it for drainage) to reduce the possible impact of the preservative in the wood from affecting what you plant. When I put in a raised bed with old sleepers years ago, I forgot to do this, and couldn't plant veg. They were black when first I built the bed (I say 'I', but it was builders). Now they are as near white as they are going to get, what with rain etc.

Thanks! I haven't planted the planter yet and wouldn't of thought of plastic, but will do that now! I saw somebody was mosaicing their wall on here, it looks fantastic and hope to do similar myself as garden is so big! Would love to incorporate a few sleepers myself somewhere in the garden, but unsure where as of yet. I am going for a rustic country garden even tho on the edge of town! Only put story up cos pouring down and frustrated I cannot get outside!!!
Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote