View Single Post
Old Posted: 07-01-2009 , 09:11 PM #14
summersun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyD
Hahaha..this was a topic of much discussion in my house for the last month.
Our dryer gave up the ghost and refused to even allow us to plug it in. If I took a picture of my kitchen floor right now, after buying a new dryer yesterday, it would probably shock the socks off you!
about six square foot, two feet high.....is my washing pile....we have a clothes horse, but with the sheer volume of washing that goes on in this house, I hadn't a hope in hell of getting it done. I was hanging towels over doors, and small clothes on the backs of kitchen chairs, as well as covering the radiators, and the horse, and the banisters of the stairs lol...clothes explosion!
You don't mind so much in the summer, not having a dryer, but in winter...I don't know how my mother and grandmother did it!

*shakes head in wonder of the skills of generations past*

Hey Mandy D.... are you looking in my windows???? you could be talking about my home... My beloved washer dryer finally gave up the ghost after years of abuse and overuse (according to my husband) and owner of Flemings warned me off getting another , should never have listened to that man.... i now have no dryer.... started hanging clothes up in husbands beloved garage took a week to dry.... so started covering all the radiators in the house instead or in front of the wood burning stove (best option i think) no bad smells from doing this... but the summer sun is coming .... But i would really love to have a trusty old dryer back, all i used to dry were towels and bedding as i say drying shrinks clothes....but i miss one so much

DOES DRYING CLOTHES ON RADIATORS REALLY CAUSE CHEST INFECTIONS? NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE.

SUMMERSUN
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote