View Single Post
Old Posted: 24-04-2007 , 12:43 AM #4
nita

Well put Cork!
I have seen this many times and have seen litter wardens going through rubbish to try find something with a name or address on it, the word of many people (whose neighbour was commiting the offences) just wasn't sufficient, hence, no prosecution for the offender!

It seems to be a common problem in my area as there is a small amount of "no mans land" nearby. The fact that no one even knows who owns the land (according to the council) adds to the problem as the council refuse to clear an area which isn't theirs, so that leaves us here with mounds of festering waste very close.

Anyway, rant over.....

More litter wardens I say! Also, a more efficient way of prosecuting offenders, In most crime cases, the word of many reliable witnesses is mostly taken as true, without the need for the offender having to leave some kind of identification behind.

The EPA are doing a great job by having the number available for the general public to use and if just a few people are prosecuted as a result of it, well that's a start! I'll still do my part and report dumping, how ever the info is used afterwards, I no longer care.
nita is offline   Reply With Quote