Thread: What are these?
View Single Post
Old Posted: 25-04-2010 , 08:51 PM #26
Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawnie
I'm not going to sleep now after seeing them.. They are not moving in the picture but its the idea of their movement, the fact that they move in such a way ... Eugh... i love all animals, creatures.. just not these or anything that resembles a maggot! :) Good luck disposing of them..

I know exactly how you feel Bawnie - and they didn't look any better moving let me tell you! I couldn't eat breakfast this morning after seeing them ... horrible little things and I have the creeps even thinking about them!
... And I'm an animal lover too ... but after reading what they do to grass (and looking at my own lawn and knowing now what they do - they have definately done damage - I have some totally brown patches but I had blamed that on weedkiller I used late last year to get rid of clumps of weeds - I think now that its these larvae that have done it! ... Think I'll be getting an insecticide one of the days to deal with them BUT .... and heres the horrible bit ... when they die they apparently come to the surface so you have to get rid of the 'bodies' .... eeeeuuuucccckkkkkkkk!!!!!
Only is offline   Reply With Quote