View Single Post
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 12:25 PM #1
Mickey

Default Repurposed: Curtain-rings to Tree Ornaments #1

Since we are making Christmas less about buying and more about personalising gifts and I used these to make personalised decorations for friends and family. I wrap them up in some chiffon fabric (€1.00 in Lidl for a good sized sheet) and tie with a ribbon.

The rings I painted various colours with matchpots I found in Woodies for 10 cent each (so the whole tub I have cost €1.80), the rings I have spare because I prefer tab top curtains (less fiddly than curtain hooks and such), the ribbon I have in my craft supplies much of which was gifted to me by the most generous fellow JT'er (Raisincake - THANKS A BILLION my dear friend :o)).

We spent some time together doing crafty gifts the other day and had the best time with the kids :o)

I wrote each person's name on the front and wrote out Merry Christmas on some, a scripture verse on others. The one's my daughter asked me to make for her friends in 1st year seem to have gone down a treat and they all wanted to know where she bought them and how she could possibly have found ones with their nicknames on. Hope you like.

Also, check out Tessiebear's handiwork...here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=72886
Attached Images

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links