View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-02-2009 , 09:13 AM #32
Fries-With-That

Default HaHa summersun

Are you kidding me, summersun, I'm still working on a basic plan for some of the guys that pmmed me before christmas.( alas its not cost effective to set up a manafacturing plant in Ireland when they can be sourced so cheap overseas)

I have however noticed that there are several companies now selling wind turbines in Ireland and to be honest some of the prices they are charging are shocking.( in a non electric way)

I had a meeting with 2 members of one of these companies last week and they quoted me €4500 for a wind turbine fully installed depending on location.

I'm sure if you do a little internet searching you'll find that they are available far cheaper than that leaving you a couple of grand over to arrange installation yourself.

I have made contact with a company overseas that is prepared to supply me with a complete set up ( Turbine, Tower, Guy wires, Sine wave inverter This set up would cost approx €6500 here in Ireland),however I would need to order several to avail of a trade discount.

Chris or Dave feel free to delete this paragraph if its not appropiate.

If there are enough people interested in buying turbines I would be prepared to order them on a co operative basis ( everyone gets to see exactly how much they cost and no one makes profit).
From the figures I have recieved the savings would be massive ( several thousand) over the cheapest prices being quoted in Ireland/UK at the moment.

Regards,

Fries.
Fries-With-That is offline   Reply With Quote