View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-04-2009 , 12:49 PM #20
gillo

Have to agree with the last 2 posters on this. Never until we all became so health and hygiene conscious in this country have we seen so many children with intolerances to food, air and God knows what. Asthma has increased 10 fold since major warnings were given about smoking, and 20- 30 years ago nut allergies and the like were virtually unheard of, nowadays they are common place. Children born today have no resistance to anything because they're not let build up immunity to them. I'm not saying that smoking and not being clean are actually good for you, but I really feel that we all go totally over the top sometimes, and to suggest that a new mattress is needed every time a new baby uses a cot in my opinion is ridiculous. I have a funny feeling this might have been a suggestion initially made by the manufacturers of these products. How do they account for the little ones who die that are first borns and therefore first users of the cot and mattress. Also in Asia where babies sleep in the same bed as their parents for the first 2 years of their lives, the incidence of cot death or SIDS is much lower than here or the States. Just my opinion on this, regards to all
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote