View Single Post
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 03:00 PM #24
cois3434

Default ? just made a simple enquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb
really? sounds a bit sinister to me, i can understand some of the vintage plates but why would anyone collect modern irish plates from cars that are more than likely still on the road, also i think this is illegal. In fact i'm almost certain it is illegal to be in possession of number plates from cars that are not yours and more importantly ones that are still on the road

nothing sinister or illegal (ha ha, another busy body who thinks they know it all!!),

i collect mainly european and US plates, i trade with collectors from the US and France, we trade and swop plates between each other (obviously they want the Irish plates and i want theirs and we do straight swops). Obviously the new plates are not worth as much to overseas collectors but they are worth something.

If someone did want to be sinister they can copy a plate from any vehicle they see and go into a motor factors and get them printed!!

I can send on pics of all the foreign plates i have but didnt really think it would be this much hassle really. Was just browsing the jumbletown site as i only joined today.
cois3434 is offline   Reply With Quote