View Single Post
Old Posted: 25-05-2010 , 12:10 AM #24
palminnie1

Default twins stairs again!...

I love these pinkie stripe stairs, but for the sedate small cul de sac and with a view to sell when market rises, twin and i putting heads together.
my twin also has parkinsons so we are thinking of cleaning and non slip and step awareness.
in the bathroom and small corridor outside. linoleum with small black and white squares - cut on the diagonal to make look bigger - good for keeping clean with a dog.
then like the pinkie steps, a black and white stripe/strip down the side but of diff widths. THEN for twin to watch the change for footstep, at the lip a horizontal RED strip on each step.
finally, the banisters painted black or white, with a red handrail.
the banisters are actually wonderful carved and turned wood so wonder if ruining.
the small town house defo needs modernising but not so much as to 'put off',
finally we decided on a reddish/pink tinge on lower wall, the beading (sure there is another word for that) half way up, in white, as above again its cream.
what think ye?
the hall floor can be covered eventually in a red luxurious carpet, that leads into a beautiful floored sitting room and fab mod floral curtains in reds and green to frame a fantastic garden twin is creating, seen through patio doors, hey presto design extradinaire!!!
palminnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote