View Single Post
Old Posted: 04-08-2011 , 10:57 AM #221
sparkwell

Some money saving tips for you that I have started doing recently:

1) Break the dishwasher tablet in half if your dishes haven't food baked onto them. I do this all the time and the dishes come out perfectly and I use LIDL tablets. This means a box of tablets will last 2 months instead of one.

2) If you use liquid soap to wash your hands, instead of buying a new dispenser each time just refill them! I bought Tesco's own brand bubble bath for 79 cents and so far have got 4 refills from a 1 litre bottle, and as Tesco say every little helps! You can also use another refilled dispenser as shower gel saving even more.

3) If you are making a mince dish and need to stretch it a bit, just add some porridge oats. They soak up the juices of the meat and nobody will notice the difference!

4) When I buy a sliced pan I halve it and freeze one half as we were constantly throwing out half a loaf especially in warm weather.

5) I keep a bottle of diluted washing up liquid beside the sink and use that for items like saucepans. When I empty the saucepan I just squirt some of the diluted liquid into the saucepan add water and leave on the hob which is cooling down, normally just a quick run around with the washing up brush and the saucepan is clean.