View Single Post
Old Posted: 13-12-2010 , 05:41 PM #123
Gormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock
Really brill Santa! Instructions pleeeeeze!

hmm ok I'll try.
firstly make a cone from a piece of card. then cover with fabric and stitch, Turn the fabric inside out and pop over the cone.

Arms - roll up fabric, pin. Carefully hand stitch to hold together. make 2. stitch arms onto the body near the top.

Stitch cotton ribbon/trim around base.

add belt stitching at back & front to hold in place. Glue on buttons and trimmings.

Make little mittens & hat. slide mittens onto arms and stitch in place. Wrap ribbon around for cuffs, melt ends &glue in place.

Head - I used a bit of cotton trim to make the head, cut a beard shape at the bottom of the trim, hold against the top of the cone/body and pinch at the top, cut and stitch. this sits on the peak of the cone and the hat will go over. Stitch to secure in place. You could use felt to make the face and then attach to the body. add hair at back to hide stitching etc, Add hat stitch in place. glue on beard, hair and fluffy trim around bottom of hat.

I used a marker for the eyes and mouth, blusher for the pink face and shaped a cotton wool pad for the beard, tash, brows and hair as well as going round the hat
If using ribbons gently melt the ends to stop fraying. I used invisible thread for the most part.
Did that make sense??
Gormal is offline   Reply With Quote