View Single Post
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 10:04 PM #11
shonastar

I too would like to beg the powers that be to change their minds and create a books only section. I realise it might mean extra work for admins, and I can understand the idea of giving as close to home as possible, but honestly, it is an absolute joy to pass/recieve books(or anything else for that matter) by post onto people who really appreciate them. I have had the same experience as Bree, ie. charity shops have become more selective about donations, and with so many of the charity labels coming through the letterbox being exposed for being extremely un-charitable and un-irish organizations, I would much prefer to support An Post, have a little patience as regards SAE's, hopefully make new friends and recieve a little handwritten note or thank you card in the post. (I realise I can do all that already, but having a little space on the site just for books would make it much easier!) Having said all that, if the wonderful Chris and Dave decide not to go ahead with the book section, I will still be thankful for and love JT just as much as ever, all the best x
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote