View Single Post
Old Posted: 16-06-2009 , 04:03 PM #78
kincorababe

Default savings all the way

Just a couple of saving ideas for you.....without losing attention to detail.

Invitations - buy the cream cards and envelopes - approx 50 in a box for 9.99. (Art and Hobbie Store) Print the information on white paper and glue to the inside. Get indian cotton paper to match your colour scheme and rip it into uneven squares (use 2 colours and overlap them). Put a gold sticker on top. Get gold stickers that say Wedding Invitation and put in the bottom corner. In total - for 150 invitations - it was €52 and everyone comments on how unusual and beautiful they are. If I have any left, I will take a photo and put up.

Photographer - Try asking a graduating art student to do the photos. Many want to increase their portfolio and are a fraction of the cost. Get them to put on a disc and print as you want them - not the €30 for each photo I paid!!!

PArty favors - only give to women. Men do not appreciate them. Alternatively - on ebay you could get candles in tins that have your names, date and picture on them for the women and match books to match for the gentlemen. I think my wedding favors were approx €60.

Another option - and I think it is one that everyone should consider - is get family members to buy something towards the wedding - like the cake or favors or maybe several contribute towards one thing.

Will post more ideas when I get a chance
kincorababe is offline   Reply With Quote