View Single Post
Old Posted: 15-01-2010 , 06:33 PM #83
valpal

Default wedding suggestions

1. Cut down on how many people that you have in your bridal party.

2. You could always have a smaller wedding cake and in the back room have a regular plain sheet cake to cut up for guests. Sheet cakes are a lot cheaper than a huge wedding cake.

3. Choose a better photographer and skip the videographer. How many times are you actually going to watch your wedding? You will most likely hang photos on your wall from your wedding. If you really want a videographer than get a student to do it for you.

4. Try to get family to help bake desserts ahead of time. You can skip the dessert table and serve your cake as dessert if you would like.

5.Watch what you pick for your dinner course. It doesn't have to be fancy or over the top. Sometimes simple meals that are good and filling are the best!

6. Shop around on 'where' you will hold the reception. Ask if they have centerpieces for the tables and what other items they have to offer. A coffee -tea bar would be a cool addition for the dessert table if you don't have too many desserts.

7. Buy inexpensive invites or make simple wedding invites. Most people just 'toss' them on the shelf after opening it.

8. You don't need the most expensive type of alcohol. You could have sparkling wine served to everyone instead of a champagne toast, or only serve champagne to the bridal party.

9. You could try to get a 'bridal sponsor' and tell them your wedding will be used to advertise their company. Well, it is worth a try. They may give you some freebies.. I have seen it done in the USA.

10. I would ask the church if they have a white runner for the aisle. I personally didn't spend much money decorating the church since I felt it was beautiful enough. I bought these 'pull the string bows' that were very inexpensive. They may sell them on ebay. You can decorate every 3rd or 4th pew or something.
valpal is offline   Reply With Quote