View Single Post
Old Posted: 17-02-2010 , 09:57 PM #85
bluecurlygirl

Well yeah it was v laidback & de fact dat most of the guests did something at the wedding the whole thing meant so much more too e.g. everyone knew there was a tight budget so when my sister & i were invited we were also asked to sing so we did that for our present & other guests knew they weren't having flowers & things like that & suspected why so they offered to do that sort of thing. So they ended up with not too many gift wrapped presents but they thoroughly enjoyed their wedding and all the little things they thought they didn't want! But the food was laid out and there were big long tables set out kinda like you'd see at a banquet a "U" shape. Great crack cos everyone could see everyone else & the fun started there. Then as soon as the tables were cleared after the meal we all got up in our gladrags & rearranged the furniture to clear the dancefloor. We all got our drinks sorted, had a chat and then the band started (who were cousins of the groom) and I think every guest got up to sing at some stage so the dancing went on for about 5 hours I think!! Well I kinda remember 5 hours anyway ;-). Good luck with it wotever you do.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote