View Single Post
Old Posted: 06-03-2010 , 10:47 AM #88
Merienne

To Bubbles 747- I think buffet wedding meals are great. A lot of people would do them where I'm from. The buffet style has the advantage that everybody can choose what they want, and go back for seconds at their leisure. You just que up table by table, and then sit back down and eat, it's not like you mingle while eating or anything. Queing doesn't take any longer than serving at the tables anyway.

I have to say about the weekday weddings though- not popular with friends and family. Yes, you might save a bit, but think about the fact that everybody has to take time off from work for it. I just don't think that's fair.

I honestly had not heard of favours- to me it's a ridiculous idea. I'm sure the guests honestly couldn't give a damn.

I agree with the people who say cut down on your wedding party- I'm sure you don't need 6 bridesmaids in "Vera Wang". Maybe 2 in "Monsoon" will do.

People here spend such a HUGE amount on wedding gifts. Like so many here have pointed out- ask for parts of the wedding as a present instead, at least from family and close friends. From others you can ask for a contribution to your honeymoon- that way you don't have to worry about having enough spending money saved up.

But lastly- here's a crazy idea... how about considering whether YOU actually want to have a wedding at all. Some of us choose to just be partners, even with kids and all...
Merienne is offline   Reply With Quote