Thread: saucepans
View Single Post
Old Posted: 23-03-2009 , 05:10 PM #12
Betty_Bubbles

I agree wholeheartedly with the lady who mentioned the meyer brand....i'd love to have nothing but meyer cookware in my kitchen to be honest and that's coming from someone in the business....

I'm not a big fan of these non stick jobbies though for frying....you're better off getting a normal one and "proving" it....get it on the heat and chuck a thick layer of table salt on it...let it smoke and shake it a few times to get all the gunk up....repeat the process a few times then take a piece of kitchen towel dab it with some bog standard kitchen oil and give it a nice coat...put it away as is....repeat this process every time you've used it and nothing will ever stick.

big rule...never, never wash it...if you need to, wipe it out with some kitchen towel and then prove the pan...

been a chef near ten years and i've never washed my pan, always did this and nothing's ever stuck to it....it's a trick of the trade

and eco friendly chopping boards....not to mention prob the most hygienic....BAMBOO....wouldn't be without mine now...hunt around and you'll find a good one...got mine in aldi for around 15 euro at christmas.
Betty_Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote