Thread: car boot sales
View Single Post
Old Posted: 12-08-2008 , 10:32 AM #94
DAVEDAVE

Default Car Boots

i believe there are a few on in Cork this weekend coming.
there was one advertised in the Cork Independent last week for the the Cork Camogie board at their grounds in Blackrock/Mahon next Sunday 17th and also i heard that Kilcully for the scouts is on as well...

i have done a few in the past and i think the best one is Glanmire followed by Rathcormac,hoping to get back into doing them again in the next few weeks.
Clutter has been mounting again.

Jumbletown is a great site and i have given away a few items and people on here are great.
as somebody said earlier carbooting is still recycling only you make a few quid and i also think it is not for everybody plus some people don't drive and for some items you would actually need a van.

it would also be great if somebody could post some tips on carboot's do's and don't and maybe a few warning's for first timer's.. i'll start,in no particular order

1.Arrive early to get a good pitch.
2. Keep prices low,people generally only want to spend a few euro's
3.Try and have a helper,certain groups will swap a stall and try and fill their pockets.
4. Keep an eye on your small items,especially if they are valuable.
5.when you first arrive don't be surprised about people crowding around your car and going through your stuff,you can make a few sales but you need to be aware of what's going on.
6. when packing up,i usually pack up slowly because it can attract people who think they will get a bargain.
7.Not everything sells,some carboots will be good for selling books and others no books will sell.
8.try and have a look around to see what others have on their stalls and if you have the same then ask the price.
9.if you have a car,park with the other cars where posssible not next to the big vans
10. reshufle the stall every few hours and move stuff around every few hours
11. Good clean clothes will always sell well especially kids clothes
i hope the above helps and is added to .

all failing that Jumbletown is a great website