View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-11-2008 , 03:29 PM #13
paprika

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Paprika, did you buy the dried apples etc or did you cut them up and let them dry out yourself? I have any amount of pine cones too from numerous nature walks (and chestnuts - some still in their shells!). I have a lovely little candle holder for the table already. It just needs some repairs done to it and it'll be fine. Need a wreath for the front door though. But would really love to create maybe a christmas village in my bay window but it would have to be safe enough for a 3 year old and a dog (big eejit of a labrador)! Doing snowflakes tonight - I have loads of different colours of glitter. Also have loads of embossing powder which may be better again. Oh I just remembered, I have a beautiful porcelain angel setting a dove free that I bought in dunnes last year - gorgeous. She'll have to go into the window too.

I've dried them meself. Made lovely decorations last year, was gonna use the bits again, but oh no, they are covered in mold! So new load of apple and orange slices are drying on the stove now. I like to make all festive decorations myself. Bit time consuming but great fun! And there are so many good sites! Like the allfreecrafts.

If you pop them into the oven they dry out quicker.
Attached Images

paprika is offline   Reply With Quote