View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-09-2008 , 11:35 AM #1
beldarin

Default Passing junk mail back down the line...

Totally fed up with the amount of junk that comes through your letter box? Tired of taking it straight from the door to the recycling basket?
Why not pass on most of it to interested parties, like I do...
Let me explain..
I was annoyed how many junk leaflets arrived with my gas bill, and the esb too for that matter, so one day I packed all the extras into the pre-paid envelope (who uses them anyway?) and sent it back to them, problem solved. I didn't ask for it, so why should I have to recycle it?
Then I got to thinking, If the gas company thought I might be interested in reading about hotel breaks, maybe I should do them the courtesy of letting them know when the local pizza place was having a special offer, so, next time a pre-paid envelope arrived, I very thoughtfully added a selection of leaflets I had hanging around, and sent em off. I even included a note to explain my generosity, just in case it should somehow be misunderstood. Now I always make sure to tell the ESB when they can get a good deal on water purifiers, or pass along ad's for odd-job-men to eircom.
Petty? Perhaps..., but fun nonetheless.

PS: For the record, I have actually asked not to have this kind of thing sent to me, Bord gais have obliged by having paper-less online billing, O2 have done the same, maybe the rest will cop on eventually.
beldarin is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links