Thread: Ikea
View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-08-2009 , 07:56 PM #6
summersun

HI Ticktock,

Before moving back to Monaghan, I worked for the Dti in London Dept of Trade and Industry, and cannot remember ever having received a complaint about ikea products...

I also bought several ikea things over the years , furniture, mirrors, kitchen bits and bobs, soft furnishings, and would stand by them , for the price they are amazing... and are still going...

In their flagshop store on the North Circular in London ... as you walked along the various show rooms you were met with mechanical demonstrations of a machine (meant to be a person) sitting down hard onto a chair, settee, bed etc and then getting up again, and then a box showing you how many times this had been done.... this was ongoing every day... the same thing was done to kitchen drawers, cupboards, bedroom furniture, childrens etc etc... to prove their stuff lasted...

The only thing about ikea is that it is all flat packed.... and you have to choose it from the shelves , so ensure you collect all the bits...

But i fully stand by their stuff .... the new 2010 catalogue is due out on the 17th Aug.... but if u r lucky enough to be in the border area, ikea in Belfast is much cheaper than Dublin!!!!!

Happy Shopping , follow the colour arrows on the floor to ensure you see the whole shop and dont miss anything.....

Summersun

I am also planning a visit down to see it.... cant wait, will leave my kiddies in the play area inside whilst i shop in peace...
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote