View Single Post
Old Posted: 06-02-2009 , 08:18 PM #2
reebok

hi harbourdolphin

just in case you can move your heater - make sure it is placed underneath your big window if poss - it will get to the cold air before the air hits you, and make a big difference to the heat in the room (learned this the hard way from our attic flat years ago).

Also, I remember from childhood my parents used this diy double-glazing stuff - it was like thick cling film (don't laugh). It came with a roll of double sided tape. you put the tape on the window frame, and cut a piece of film the size of the window. You stuck the film to the window frame, then you put your hairdryer to it, which made it shrink tight. It REALLY makes a difference, for very little expense. Also it doesn't cause you any problems in the unlikely event that you would have to break the window in a fire or something. I've no idea where you would buy this stuff these days - maybe a quick search on the net might come up with something?

Also my sons room is chilly sometimes - at night I roll up a blanket in to a sausage and pin the bottom of his curtains down with it - it keeps the draughts out really well.

best of luck :)
Reebok
reebok is offline   Reply With Quote