Thread: Resell
View Single Post
Old Posted: 31-01-2008 , 06:38 PM #4
Fries-With-That

Default Impossible to Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narizota
I think this is an interesting post,because while I appreciate that jumble town isn't a charity,I would rather see an item I was giving away go to someone who had some need of it,not someone who was out to make a quick buck.

Impossible to police,though.

Hi Narizota,

I tend to agree with you that it would be impossible to police, but there are a few things Jumbletown members could do to make it harder for those that are selling items on.

If people stated in their offer that the said item was not for resale it would make resellers think twice about taking it and where they advertise it for sale.

People could also ask people to respond on the thread before Pming this would make the giving and taking process more transparent.

Makes sense If i'm giving something away lets say its a "can of beans", If I ask people to respond o the thread first other users would soon see who was responding to every thread offering a "can of beans".

Anyway I think the last word on this goes to Chris

"The main concern of Givers should not be the "neediness" or otherwise of the Taker but rather their own desire to clear up space in their home/business in an environmentally-friendly and community-friendly way. Having said that, the generosity of Givers on JumbleTown is well-known and to be commended. The Giver selects the Taker, be they the first, second or tenth respondent; Admin has no say in this matter.

Regards,

Fries.