View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-11-2010 , 02:44 PM #1
intransit

Default how to recycle an old caravan.

I was on the lookout for an old caravan which I planned to strip and use to convert my van to a camper.
The one I was offered was not roadworthy so I broke it up on site and removed all the interior.
Once the body had been taken off, I had a base which would make a great trailer, complete with brakes and jockey wheel.
I also got some parts from an old mobile home for the camper conversion.
Everything Ive used so far is recycled materials including the timber frame for the trailer (all got from rummaging through skips in industrial estates).
The caravan had rear lights which I will reuse on the trailer.

so if anyone is looking for a cheap trailer or you want to convert your van to a camper, look out for an old caravan, it serves both purposes.
Photos are a bit mixed up, but you can see the trailer starting to take shape, the cream u shape seating is the inside of my van, Ive loads more to do including fitting the cooker and sink from the caravan.
I must add every part of the caravan has been recycled, the metal sheeting on the body was collected by a scrap merchant, the timber within the frame of the body was chopped up for firewood, nothing was sent to landfill.
Attached Images

intransit is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links