View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-01-2014 , 06:57 PM #11
Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONB
Ive just finished reupholstering a wing chair, a small armchair and a Lloyd Loom stool, so I am REALLY impressed by your sofa project!
I am rubbish at box cushions (with zip) - too much sewing for me to be successful - I know yours werent really box shaped - were they difficult? Did you put in a zip?
Can you tell me - how did you cover the buttons?
Where did you order your 26m of fabric?
Putting new legs on was inspired!

Hi AONB, Thanks so much....Here is a link to the store where I got the material www.cameleontextil.com , I found them a really good company and although their selection is a bit hit and miss, from my experience the product is quality.

the buttons I got from 'SoSew' in Naas but you can pick them up lots of places... a pack of 5 costs around €3 and its very easy to do. ( & fun).

The covers I did haven't got zips.. but i find if I sew the zip in before putting the cushion pieces together it works better for me. the same for box corners. I sew each side individually resetting the machine and pinning each side in place as i go.. I get a better finish this way as I am not very experienced and things tend to go very wrong unless I break down each process.... I hope this is some help :)
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote