JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:24 PM #1
elbo

Default eBay coupons/vouchers

I am trying to find out all I can about buying the eBay vouchers/coupons in the shops. I have had some brilliant advice from other Jumbletowners, mainly Bree, Ghendy and Maufant.
If anyone else has used these vouchers, please let me know how they found them.
I believe they are called 3V transaction cards? it's in partnership with Visa done through permanent tsb! You can register on line for your free card at www.3v.ie
To buy a 3V voucher you take your card to what ever shop caters for those. As not every shop have them.
I would like to thank Bree for all her invaluable advice on this subject and also Ghendy and Maufant for helping me on to ebay.

Still prefer Jumbletown of course.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:32 PM #2
chucken1

Ive been using 3v for about 2 years to buy online.Its fantastic as you can only spend what you have topped up by. I used it a lot for booking Ryanair flights,works the same as Visa. But now Ryanair are accepting Laser,so no need for it there! But,anywhere that accepts Visa also accept 3v,Its brilliant.
chucken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:42 PM #3
elbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucken1
Ive been using 3v for about 2 years to buy online.Its fantastic as you can only spend what you have topped up by. I used it a lot for booking Ryanair flights,works the same as Visa. But now Ryanair are accepting Laser,so no need for it there! But,anywhere that accepts Visa also accept 3v,Its brilliant.

Thanks for the reply. I have to register first on 3V I believe and wait three weeks for them to send me something before I can buy the vouchers.

I remember seeing something about these vouchers on a thread on this site before, but I can't find any reference to it today.
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:47 PM #4
laineymck

Default 3v

Hi there i have to say I've found these great.I've used them to buy quite a few items on ebay.They are really easy to use only thing with them is that as you top up your card you get a new card number which you must register as a new card, bit of a pain but worth it.You can only spend the amount on each card but 3v let you transfer money from one card to another9for a fee!!) to a max of €500. the max amount of top up you can buy in the shop is €300 and there is a small fee on that Im not sure of the amount but i think its about€5.I hope this helps if you want to contact me please feel free to do so, regards Elaine
laineymck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:51 PM #5
elbo

Thanks Elaine. Then is it better just to purchase the amount you would want for a particular item and how would you calculate the postage.
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:51 PM #6
chucken1

Ya you register and they send you a card.Then you Top up in shops where its available or online at 3v.ie I think.Its just like buying credit for your phone. Theres a small fee for voucher..I think the 1st top up is 5.00 and 2.50 for any after that bit thats the only charges you have.There is a limit on how long you can leave it without spending it but thats all on the website.Hope this is of some help to you.
chucken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:57 PM #7
elbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucken1
Ya you register and they send you a card.Then you Top up in shops where its available or online at 3v.ie I think.Its just like buying credit for your phone. Theres a small fee for voucher..I think the 1st top up is 5.00 and 2.50 for any after that bit thats the only charges you have.There is a limit on how long you can leave it without spending it but thats all on the website.Hope this is of some help to you.

Thanks. Who charges the fee? 3V or the shop you buy the voucher in?
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 05:16 PM #8
maggied

Default 3v

hi , i believe that 3v charge it but of coruse the shops have to get something too, i have been using a 3v for good few years now and find it great for online shopping ,between 3v and paypal its so easy and safe to shop online .also with the card you can get back any unused money on your card but they charge for that too ,and my card only took a week to arrive when i registered first .
hope this helps
maggie
maggied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 05:32 PM #9
elbo

Thanks for that Maggie.
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 10:09 PM #10
sadolphingirl

Hiya,

I've also been using 3v for a while as I hate credit cards and found it brilliant. I only waited about a week for my card. If you buy a voucher of 20E there is no charge but from 30E to 100E there is a charge of 2,50E, from 110E there is a charge of a fiver, well worth it though. Also use it on ebay but found paypal keep on taking a euro off whenever I add a new visa number, not sure if there is a way around that or not. The charge for transferring amounts from one 3v voucher to another is 2,50E.

Hope all this helps...
sadolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-03-2010 , 06:08 PM #11
elbo

Yes, thank you, everything helps.
Old Posted: 06-03-2010 , 07:02 PM #12
Phoenix1

Hi,

there is another card that's worth looking at. It's called Ruby Card and there is a website - rubycard.ie. I havn't used it myself yet as I haven't looked into it but it was recommended to me by a lady in a shop when I was buying a 3V top-up. She said the charges work out much less and you can also use it in shops because you get an actual card. It works as a credit card but you top it up as you need to.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix1
Phoenix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 07-03-2010 , 03:13 AM #13
mewl81

Payzone have brought out one now as well it is a crd card that you top up more info and outlets at www.payzonemoney.com you buy the card in a shop you get two cards a loading card and crd card it costs €6 but no time limit on balance or transfer rates on bal like 3v find it alot better can use it in shops as well and abroad you also get a pin code to use at atms. Hope this helps
mewl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2010 , 02:22 AM #14
Bree

Default Thank you

Ah thank you very much for your kind words Elbo. So very nice of you. :-)
You got lots of sound advice here and I am sure you will check it all out and chose a card to you liking.
Help! there will be nothing left on Ebay LOL
Best of luck with your online shopping. Hope all works out great for you.
Best wishes from Bree
Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2010 , 10:26 AM #15
elbo

Thanks a million everyone for your advice and help.