Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 06-08-2009 , 02:39 PM #16
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin - Arts & Crafts sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock
...I'll list my favourite sites for you on a separate post under 'Papercrafts' in a little while...
Hi TickTock,

The "Useful Sites and Tips" thread should be of interest to you.

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=34368

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-08-2009 , 10:53 PM #17
TickTock

Default Need ideas for storing thousands of Photos

Thanks Chris. I had seen some of those last year but there are a lot more sites added now. Much appreciated.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-08-2009 , 07:28 PM #18
Karolankan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker chick
I have thousands of photographs stored in 3 large filling cabinet drawers & other nooks & craneys around the house & i need ideas on how to make photo albums to keep them dry & safe as i dont have negetives or copies of the photos as i burnt them as they all go mixed up over the years,anybody who has any ideas please feel free to share your ideas as i badly need some good ideas,thanks a million.... bikerchick

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere here before but I too had millions of photos in boxes stored away. Which is such a shame.
I went to my local Woodies and picked up a couple of the largest picture frames I could find. The biggest ones I bought were 2ft x 3ft.
I picked out the largest photo I had of myself, himself & the kids and stuck it in the centre and gradually added photos of all our families and friends in a collage style throughout the frame. It does mean cutting up your photos (which I know is a sin) but think about it, 30 percent of most photos consists of sky, grass, bush etc. I now have 2 large and 1 medium sized frames in my home which each containing from 200 to 300 photos of people. EVERYBODY who comes into my home is drawn to them. They are a real focal point in the livingroom, kitchen & hall. I still have loads more photos to use and intend to do a couple more frames. It does take a lot of time but it is a project that can be done in an on going basis. The result is fantastic and instant and has been a huge hit in my home. Don't file them - share them.
Karolankan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-08-2009 , 09:17 PM #19
Scrabble

Karolankan, I love your idea.

biker chick, this is what I love to do with my photos.I have uploaded them on the papercrafts thread too...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=63798

Also I was at a carboot sale today and picked up a brand new photo album that holds 400 photos for 1 euro. And one of those wooden boxes that are like a photo frame and they have room for loads of photos inside.I've seen them in the shops for 40 euro.I got one today for 2 euro.
Needless to say I was a very happy shopper.
Attached Images

Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-08-2009 , 07:46 PM #20
wickwocks

Default photo storage

hi biker chic,

i was in the same boat and what i did was got a lever arch folder, cheap a4 coloured paper and clear pockets , glue pics and leave space for tag line... its another form of scrpabooks i suppose but lever arch can decorated and made pretty

best of luck with it
wickwocks is offline   Reply With Quote