JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 07-03-2011 , 02:15 PM #1
unapam

Default Dublin Fashion Swap Shop 21 May Dzien Besgotówkoej Wymiany ciuchów

UPDATE: 24TH JUNE...Our next mega swap shop is scheduled for late November 2011 in the Racecourse Inn. More details to come.

In the meantime you savvy, prudent shoppers can do your swaps in the New Mother Redcaps Market, Coolock. We have taken a stall there on Thur - Sun, 10am to 6pm

It works like this:
You come to our stall, choose your item from the rails, offer us an item of similar quality/value/condition, pay just 2 euro for the swap and it's yours!

You all have unworn or unloved, but good condition items in your wardrobe? Yes? Why not exchange them for other gorgeous fashion items for a tiny fraction of the price of buying new stuff?

Makes sense as it is good for your wardrobe, your wallet and your world!

What's the advantage of SHWOPPING instead of SHOPPING??

Well, you don't ....

*further clutter up your wardrobe as you are replacing an unwanted item with a wanted item. (You are allowed to feel both smug and green!)

*It costs you just 2 yoyo for the swap and you have done a green fashion action!

*It allows fashion to circulate and be lifecycled and makes women (and men, we do mens too) very happy.

The market is situated off Malahide Road, behind Woodies/Lidl's and our swap shop is the first stall on right as you enter main door.

UPDATE: 22nd May...The swap shop was a resounding success! Ladies swapped till they dropped! Everyone was very happy and only complaint was the lighting was a bit low. We have that covered for the next time.

Thanks to the Racecourse Inn who were so supportive. It was a super venue and we already have it booked for the next event.

The hectic preparations for our Dublin Fashion Swap Shop Event on May 21 at the Racecourse Inn is going really well.
We just heard that TV3 Xpose want to do a shoot of the event next week ... very exciting.
The interest from women has been beyond anything we expected. I suppose it's the times we're in ... and women still love their fashion. Our event gives them the chance to Recycle + Refashion their Wardrobes - for Free. We already have clothes from size 6 to 20+.

We translated our poster into Polish as we have had a lot of interest from Polish women.

This is a timely event that provides women with free fashion solution ... and 15% of proceeds will be given to St Michaels House Baldoyle.

See the link below for all the info...

http://dublinfashionswapshop.wordpress.com/

Or check out our Facebook page for full details:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dublin-Fashion-Swap-Shop-Events/136214736446522

Basically it means FREE FASHIONS for you!

What you do is bring along up to 15 items of fashion in good condition, , you get one free voucher on admission (€10 for admission), exchange your items for more vouchers (10 items =10 vouchers etc) and spend your vouchers on fabulous fashion that other people brought along!

St Michael's House Baldoyle, (formerly Little Willie's Hospital) is our chosen charity to benefit from 15% of the proceeds on the day. Some of their service users will be modelling at the fashion parade along with professional plus size models and REAL women....just like us!
Please share with your friends on FBook and spread the news!
More details to come!!!

To see our poster in Polish ....(Thanks Carolina)

http://dublinfashionswapshop.files.w...rpl_042411.pdf

I have just added a photo of our mannaquins all dressed up and ready to go!

We just got featured in the Eco Fashion World Website check it out below
http://www.ecofashionworld.com/Events/MAY-EVENTS.html
Attached Images

unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 08-03-2011 , 08:01 PM #2
Athy55

I was at one of these last year in Carlow. Will there be another one in that area do you know Unapam? It was great! I got loads of stuff, had a great night altogether. I'd love to go to another event like this. Athy55
Athy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-03-2011 , 08:14 PM #3
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athy55
I was at one of these last year in Carlow. Will there be another one in that area do you know Unapam? It was great! I got loads of stuff, had a great night altogether. I'd love to go to another event like this. Athy55

Hi, if it works (and why wouldn't it?) we will be taking it further afield. For the moment it is the Dublin Fashion Swap Shop but who knows???

We did one for charity in Ballinamore last year and it was a riproaring success! Great fun and we all got mega bargains.

Below is our website for it - hopefully we get to take in on the road in the future. So please register on it and we will let you know when they are on. We are starting close to home to try it out. Thanks for your comments and I'm so glad you enjoyed it in Carlow.

http://dublinfashionswapshop.wordpress.com
Old Posted: 08-03-2011 , 08:35 PM #4
elbo

I was at one before in a school on Griffith Avenue, Dublin and it was excellent.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-03-2011 , 12:37 AM #5
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo
I was at one before in a school on Griffith Avenue, Dublin and it was excellent.

hi Elbo, yes, I heard it was great but one had to pay for each item?
Ours is even better as you don't have to pay for anything as you get a free token on admission and if you bring 10 items then you get 10 vouchers so you start off with 11 tokens an can "buy" 11 tems for these tokens! FREE FASHION!
You just pay your admission 10 yoyo and bring along your items and go shoppng for free!
For full details check out the website...

I look forward to seeing you there.
Old Posted: 24-03-2011 , 08:33 PM #6
unapam

Default Swap shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo
Even better still.

Hi Elbo, I look forward to meeting you again, bring along some friends! Pam
Old Posted: 11-04-2011 , 06:00 PM #7
elbo

Will certainly be there Unapam.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-04-2011 , 10:28 AM #8
psj

Please do one of these close to us! Carlow would be grand! I'd pass on the word with family and friends and work colleagues!
psj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-04-2011 , 04:41 PM #9
unapam

Default Dublin Fashion Swapshop 21st May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Please do one of these close to us! Carlow would be grand! I'd pass on the word with family and friends and work colleagues!

That would be great. We will see how it goes on 21st May and then maybe take it on tour!!!!!

Why don't you have a look at our link http://dublinfashionswapshop.wordpress.com and maybe you could do one too??? We would be glad to give you any advice you might need.

It is really gathering momentum and we have agreed with St Michael's House that they will be the charity to benefit from 15% of the proceeds. Watch out for our posters and radio interviews and newspaper articles.

OR....a carload of you could have a really good day out up in Baldoyle, Dublin!!!!! Free clothes, fun, music, fashion parade etc. What's not to like?
Old Posted: 18-04-2011 , 12:03 AM #10
melissabell

oh I can't wait to tell the girls!!! we'll be there with bells on!!!
melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-04-2011 , 05:53 PM #11
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissabell
oh I can't wait to tell the girls!!! we'll be there with bells on!!!

Great, I have added our poster to the original post. Press release going out this week. It's gathering momentum by the day!
Old Posted: 05-05-2011 , 12:49 PM #12
unapam

Default Swap Shop FAQs

Many people are asking questions regarding the swap shop. There is now a FAQ page answering the most common questions.

...and what is the most common question???....

"After I have paid my 10 euro admission fee do I have to pay anything more for the clothes?"

The answer is NO. The clothes are FREE after you pay in. If you bring ten items of clothing you go home with ten items of clothing - it's that simple. If you bring 5 items you go home with 5 items.

******If you bring nothing to swap you can buy the tokens for €2.50 each and go shopping with them*******

Full details here http://dublinfashionswapshop.wordpress.com
Old Posted: 05-05-2011 , 04:19 PM #13
lippylala

Default Free womens clothes and accessories ... how does this work?

Hi Unapam
I'm new here so bear with me if I ask what seem like dumb questions.

I really like the idea of the Swaphop and will be coming along.

I think the 10 euro entry fee is a bargain.

In other swap shops I've read about they often rate the clothes so some might be worth 3 tokens and others 1. Did I understand you rightly when you said that 1 voucher = 1 item?

So, if I bring along 10 good items [and pay my entry fee] I'll get 10 tokens ... and after that it's all free?

Just one more question. Some of the other swap shops I've read about were a bit snobby and only took designer clothes. I have never been able to afford them but I do have some lovely highstreet fashion in good condition that I think another curvy size 16 woman would love.

My question is - what kind of clothes and accessories will you accept?

I'm really looking forward to the day ... oh ... if I come along at 2pm and have to go out to do some stuff ... do I have to pay another 10 euro to get back in?

I've send the poster on to friends and family and printed a few off to put in the staff canteen and my local hairdresser and creche.

Thanks heaps and sorry for all the questions.
lippylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-05-2011 , 04:31 PM #14
unapam

Default FREE Womens' Clothes

Hi, Lippylalla, welcome to JT!
Your questions are what many people are asking and no matter how often I say it - they think there must be a catch.....

THE CLOTHES ARE FREE!!! The only cost is 10 yoyo entry fee. It is the entry fee where we and the charity make money. There is NO CATCH...THE CLOTHES ARE FREE.

If you bring an item you get a token and you SWAP the TOKEN for an item (you don't have to actually swap your clothes)

YOu dont need to bring designer stuff - but please do if you have any you are tired of! You do not get any extra for designer stuff... one item = one token no matter what you bring or what you take. Obviously all items must be in good condition.

The event goes on from 1pm to 7 pm and YES, you can go off and come back and you DONT have to pay in again as you will have gotten a stamp on wrist like in a nightclub.

I will have to re read your post to see if I left anything out and please don't hesitate to ask any further questions. For full details see the site
Best wishes Unapam
Attached Images

Old Posted: 05-05-2011 , 04:44 PM #15
unapam

Default Free Clothes And Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippylala
Hi Unapam
I'm new here so bear with me if I ask what seem like dumb questions.

I really like the idea of the Swaphop and will be coming along.

I think the 10 euro entry fee is a bargain.

In other swap shops I've read about they often rate the clothes so some might be worth 3 tokens and others 1. Did I understand you rightly when you said that 1 voucher = 1 item?

So, if I bring along 10 good items [and pay my entry fee] I'll get 10 tokens ... and after that it's all free?

Just one more question. Some of the other swap shops I've read about were a bit snobby and only took designer clothes. I have never been able to afford them but I do have some lovely highstreet fashion in good condition that I think another curvy size 16 woman would love.

My question is - what kind of clothes and accessories will you accept?

I'm really looking forward to the day ... oh ... if I come along at 2pm and have to go out to do some stuff ... do I have to pay another 10 euro to get back in?

I've send the poster on to friends and family and printed a few off to put in the staff canteen and my local hairdresser and creche.

Thanks heaps and sorry for all the questions.

Hi again, just reread your questions and forgot to say that (I know this is hard to believe) you get a FREE token on paying your entry fee and also FREE raffle tickets with your entry fee. Prizes are every hour and will include prosecco sparkling wine, hand made soaps, jewellery) There will be a fashion show modelled by REAL WOMEN (not a stick insect in sight) including two service users from St Michael's House - (our charity) music, changing rooms, bar facilities in next room, make up makeover demos, new clothes coming in all the time.

There will be a real party atmosphere as it will be full of happy women getting FREE fashions (nothing makes women happier than a bargain and it don't get any better than free!)