JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 29-03-2010 , 10:10 PM #1
the bee 2010

Default Check Wanted Section B4 Posting Thread

Why Cant People Check The Wanted Section Before Posting Threads,that Way It Will Go To People Who Genuinely Need It,instead Of Reading Posts Saying They Have An Add Up Ages And So Badly Need One.
It Only Takes A Few Minutes To Check,and Does Make More Sense,and You Know You Are Helping A Good Cause.
the bee 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 29-03-2010 , 10:30 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bee 2010
Why Cant People Check The Wanted Section Before Posting Threads,that Way It Will Go To People Who Genuinely Need It,instead Of Reading Posts Saying They Have An Add Up Ages And So Badly Need One.
It Only Takes A Few Minutes To Check,and Does Make More Sense,and You Know You Are Helping A Good Cause.
Hi bee 2010,

As I've said on a few other threads, the Wanted forum was very much an afterthought and never intended to play a major role on JumbleTown. The site is more about "I have this item -- do you want/need it?" rather than "I want/need this item -- do you have it?"

Some Givers may be willing to search the Wanted forum, post an offer on a thread there, and then wait for a response. However, most Givers seem to prefer posting in the Givers' forums where they will usually get an immediate response.

Re: ..."people who genuinely need [an item]...a good cause etc."" -- please see Admin's thoughts on this matter...here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=44356

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-03-2010 , 01:28 PM #3
paprika

I think most people who want to give their things to someone who genuinly needs them DO check the wanted forum. But sometimes even there they don't get a response for ages.
Most of the stuff people put up is their clutter and they want to get rid of it asap. They not necesseraly want to give it to someone who really needs these, they just want to get the stuff out of their homes.
Plus some people in the wanted forum forget to state where they are, where they can collect. So if you're giving away larger items and find someone in the wanted forum looking for them still not sure if they'll take it as they might be at the other end of the country.
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-04-2010 , 07:51 PM #4
Betty Boo 69

Have to agree on people not stating where they are located in a wanted ad.. I find it really annoying.. maybe that's just me :)

I personally find the wanted section great and I have had many of my ad's reponsed to so many JT members do use the wanted section. I don't always feel that people should get an item offered just because they have a wanted ad as some ppl have 10 if not 20 wanted ad's and are looking for everything going iykwim
Betty Boo 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-04-2010 , 07:56 PM #5
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boo 69
...some ppl have 10 if not 20 wanted ads and are looking for everything going iykwim
Extract from Wanted Forum Ad Guidelines:
MAX NUMBER OF WANTED ADS PER MEMBER / IN FORUM:

"There is no set limit to the number of Wanted ads that a Member can post, but anything more than fifteen seems excessive in the eyes of Admin. We ask that Members be mindful of the fact that the Wanted Forum is limited to 50 pages of ads/threads (around 1,250 individual ads)."

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4937
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote