JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 29-05-2009 , 07:08 PM #16
Bubbles2

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthedubs
Wow it looks brillant CAN I HAVE IT BACK NOW LOL

Thanks again guys - and upthedubs - you can come down and have a closer look its staying put lol ;p
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-05-2009 , 08:17 PM #17
smokeyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles2
My mother-in-law RIP use to have a little robin that came into her kitchen for scraps! Wish I had your 'wrong flavour' of fat balls for my garden smokeyeyes!! ;p

Bubbles, I think my 'wrong flavour' fat balls came from € shop LOL

One of my cheeky little robins has hopped into my kitchen when I was sitting having a cup of coffee, they really are quite tame compared to other varieties of birds.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-05-2009 , 09:37 PM #18
Bubbles2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyeyes
Bubbles, I think my 'wrong flavour' fat balls came from € shop LOL

One of my cheeky little robins has hopped into my kitchen when I was sitting having a cup of coffee, they really are quite tame compared to other varieties of birds.

Thanks for that smokeyeyes I am off to the € shop tomorrow first thing - I am so jealous of you having a little cute visitor like that!!
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 10:45 AM #19
TanTan

Default birdbath

was in Portlaoise Heatons and my daughter spotted those plastic tubes with four little openings and each having a little plastic leg for the bird to sit on for 50 cent. In the pet shop the food was pretty expensive in the bags, so I asked the girl any cheaper alternative and she said cheap peanuts from Tesco and thats what we did. Took a week for the birds to know its there but its fantastic. Well worth the money as the birds are fed and kids are amused.......

Well done on the revamp, amazing........
TanTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 03:01 PM #20
smokeyeyes

Just a little note to all you bird lovers. If any of you travel up to Newry for shopping, there's a pet superstore just after you go under the bridge entering Newry on left hand side (beside tile store). It's great value for pet food of all kinds. The bird seed (for wild birds, budgies etc.) is sold loose from big bins, you just help yourself to how much you need and it's a fraction of the price in pet shops. I was up that way in March and got big bags of feed for wild birds and my daughters budgie, treats and toys for his cage, fat balls, treats for dog and couple of other items, cost = £10 !! And with the currance exchange only worked out under €11. Brilliant value, and still have seeds left. You'd be lucky to get smaller bags of seeds for that price in pet shop or supermarket.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 03:24 PM #21
tasmin

Default hi bubbles

well done!
you did a great job on the bird bath.

it looks fab!

tas
tasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 05:33 PM #22
Bubbles2

Thanks again you guys- just to let you know if anyone is ever around Naas, there is a warehouse clearance store where 2 Seasons use to be and I got a load of different kinds of bird feed they are €1.99 each also hammocks €50 all things to do with the garden etc going cheap (sorry Chris if I am breaking any rules here!!) B2
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 05:35 PM #23
Bubbles2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
was in Portlaoise Heatons and my daughter spotted those plastic tubes with four little openings and each having a little plastic leg for the bird to sit on for 50 cent. In the pet shop the food was pretty expensive in the bags, so I asked the girl any cheaper alternative and she said cheap peanuts from Tesco and thats what we did. Took a week for the birds to know its there but its fantastic. Well worth the money as the birds are fed and kids are amused.......

Well done on the revamp, amazing........

Thats amazing good value TanTan - will have a look in there - I am thinking of putting up sign posts for the birds - anyone able to speak birdy language!!!
Old Posted: 11-06-2009 , 01:47 PM #24
Bubbles2

I am now sitting back enjoying the view of my bird bath and the birds feeding - actually spotted parents feeding one of their young from the bird feeder which was really amazing!!
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 05:36 PM #25
mweir

Default bath

well done. that is a great job. isn't it lovely to restore some things that may otherwise have been in the scrap heap.
mweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 07:40 PM #26
baileyqueen

they say you should not let out peanuts during the summer as the parents take bits of them back to their young and they choke on it and my pet shop owner said you should really only feed birds in the winter they find their own in the summer
baileyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 07:50 PM #27
wells

Default :o)

that is way cooler than a standalone bird bath, never seen one like that before -
excellent restoration job x
wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 08:07 PM #28
Bubbles2

Thank you mweir - yes I got a great kick out of sitting back and admiring my handywork!!

Baileyqueen - nuts are safe enough as long as they are fed through a wire mesh feeder and are ideally fed in spring and summer - got this and more from the bird watch ireland website

wells - thank you yes it is a lovely piece and all thanks to upthedubs for giving it to me!
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 08:10 PM #29
baileyqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles2
Thank you mweir - yes I got a great kick out of sitting back and admiring my handywork!!

Baileyqueen - nuts are safe enough as long as they are fed through a wire mesh feeder and are ideally fed in spring and summer - got this and more from the bird watch ireland website

wells - thank you yes it is a lovely piece and all thanks to upthedubs for giving it to me!
o thats great to know that thanks for the information and enjoy the bird bath its really cool amazing what can be done with things
baileyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 08:40 PM #30
Bubbles2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyqueen
o thats great to know that thanks for the information and enjoy the bird bath its really cool amazing what can be done with things

Its a bril site - it was minnie pal who actually told me about it and its a really lovely site to visit! I have got so much enjoyment from this bird bath its amazing!!
B2