JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 02-12-2011 , 05:26 PM #1
TickTock

Default The Ultimate Guide to Penny Pinching

Did anyone see the TV programme on Channel 4 last night "The Ultimate Guide to Penny Pinching" and wondered what others thought about it. Do you believe that lady's shopping which cost £65.00 and she ended up paying only £5.00 by using lots of vouchers? Can that system be possible here in Ireland? Also she bought (for nothing, or almost nothing) some microwaveable burgers (yeugh!) and her children were honest enough to say they were horrible. She also said she bends the rules and prints off vouchers from cashback websites (what are they?) and keeps using them! I didn't know whether to be shocked or impressed! If you missed the programme it might be available on the Channel 4 website.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 05-12-2011 , 05:03 PM #2
Leahsmam

i watched it. theres a programme from america called extreme couponing where they get hundreds of dollars worth of stuff very cheap. they have it down to an art. cant see people in ireland waiting for that long in the line.
Leahsmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-12-2011 , 10:22 PM #3
TickTock

I sometimes get vouchers from the supermarkets but they are often for products I never buy or want. I do use the odd one or two but I would have thought companies would have rules about only using once and no copies accepted. Doubt if I have ever profited by more than 20 or 30 cent a go. These extreme voucher/coupon users seem to get quite a buzz from it all.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-12-2011 , 09:45 AM #4
Laura h1

Default coupons

Hi i use the pigsback coupons and big al's have coupons too and moy park do vouchers every now and again off their products worth your while keeping an eye out esp when the supermarkets have offers on
Laura h1 is offline   Reply With Quote